1 cup dried chickpea-soaked over 5 hour till double in size
3 potatoes, cut half
100gm beef, cut into small pieces
5 small tomatoes, cut in wedges
3 round small egg plant-cut in wedges
2 tsp full coriander powder
1 tsp full cumin powder
1 tsp full fennel powder
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 large onion-sliced
4 pips garlic
1 inch ginger
1 tbsp curry leaves
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 stick cinnamon
1 tbsp tamarind paste
1 cup thick coconut milk
1 litre water
1. Blend shallots,ginger and garlic till fine. In a deep pot heat 4 tbsp oil , add the blended mixture. Then add the beef pieces. Pour in water and let simmer for an hour.
2. Mix all the spices with some water to get a paste .In another pan , saute large onion till transparent, add spice mixture, curry leaves, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom. Fry till aroma and add to pot.
3. Mix tamarind paste with some water and sieve into pot. Discard the seeds.
4. Add potatoes and chickpeas. Let simmer till peas are soft. Add coconut milk.
5. Add egg plants and tomatoes. simmer again till vegetables are soft.
6. Add coriander leaves. This curry taste best when leave over night.