For the chicken
4 chicken breasts, skins removed and boneless - 150g each
200g plain flour
4 Eggs, beaten
300g breadcrumbs, ideally Panko breadcrumbs
500ml groundnut oil
1. First make the sauce. Heat a large pan over high heat and melt the butter. Saute the garlic and onions then add the apples, the boiling water, bananas, honey, turmeric, Madras powder and ketchup Bring the sauce to the boil and add the chicken stock, water, blended cornflour, salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
2. Strain the sauce through a sieve into a bowl, discarding any solids. Cover with foil and keep warm in the oven (you can reheat in a small pan to make sure it is piping hot before serving)
3. Make some slits in the chicken breasts to endure that the heat will get through. Coat the breasts in plain flour and shake off any excess Dip the breasts in to the beaten egg, then coat evenly with the breadcrumbs.
4. Heat a wok over a high heat and add the ground nut oil. Deep fry the chicken breasts for 5-6 minutes (depending on size) until golden brown. You may need to work in batches; keep them warm on a plate covered with foil in the oven until all the pieces are cooked
5. Serve the chicken with the curry sauce, steamed rice or udon noodles or heat some butter and garlic in a pan, add some cooked potatoes and carrots and add the sauce together and heat through.