Alot of ingredients for a really really simple dish. I have already said how to make the mashed potatoes in my other dish called "Seafood, Cream and Thyme" so if you would like to know how, just skip over there :).
1. Wash chicken thigh fillets and cut each piece into 2-3 pieces.
2. Prepare breadcrumb mixture by adding 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper, 1 teaspoon of mixed herbs and 1 teaspoon of paprika to a cup of breadcrumbs.
3. Heat up a frying pan and beat up one egg.
4. Add oil to the frying pan then dip chicken pieces into egg then into the breadcrumb mixture.
5. Fry until golden brown, breadcrumbs tend to burn a little easily but I assure you it doesn't really affect the taste unless you absolutely burnt it into a crisp.
6. Serve with mashed potatoes, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes and mushroom sauce.
1. Wash and slice mushrooms thinly and also slice up half an onion.
2. In a frying pan, add a little bit of oil probably one teaspoon and then add in the onions, as the onions start become slightly translucent, add in a knob of butter, this prevents the butter from caramelizing.
3. Add in mushrooms and stir fry them until they're soft then add in half a cup to 3/4 cup of chicken stock.
4. Find a lid of a sorts to cover the frying pan and let it simmer down for about 5 minutes then stir in 1/4 cup of water mixed with a tablespoon of cornflour.
5. Cover it again and let it simmer till mixture thickens.
6. Remove lid and add salt and pepper to taste.
Baby Carrots and Cherry Tomatoes - I got tinned baby carrots so they were already very soft.
1. Take baby carrots out of the tin, wash them and leave them to drain dry.
2. In a pan, add a little oil and brown some onions then take the onions out and put them in a bowl big enough to add in the baby carrots and cherry tomatoes as well.
3. Then again in a pan, melt a knob of butter slowly making sure it doesn't brown or that would be horrendous, add in salt and pepper and a dash of mixed herbs (yes I use alot of mixed herbs because they just make everything smell appetising) do not let this mixture get too hot or the butter will brown!!
4. Add in baby carrots and cherry tomatoes.
5. Stir them around for abit until well coated with butter mixture.
6. Completely turn off the heat and cover the pan.
7. Leave it for 5 minutes then take off the lid and stir them around a little more and serve with chicken and mashed potatoes and mushroom sauce.
Sorry this was a tad long but I swear it doesn't even take an hour total for cooking and preparation.