- Cous Lettuce
- Cherry Tomato
- Chicken - use drumsticks or thigh (NOT breast meat).
- Prosciutto - 2 slices
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of wholegrain bread
- Paul Newman's Creamy Caesar Salad dressing (no I don't work for Paul Newman - I just really like his dressings XD)
- Dried basil
- Dried rosemary
(or any of your favourite herb to go with chicken)
This is the first cesear salad I've made :) I assisted my much more experienced-chef-of-a-girlfriend to make this recently, so I thought I will give it a shot myself this time round.
A very important point is to not use chicken breast.. coz chicken breast is just so plain and dry. This is why I hate ordering chicken salads in restaurants >_<
Cook the chicken first:
1. Marinate the chicken drumsticks with (lots of) olive oil and the herbs
2. Bake chicken until cooked in a baking tray. Use a deep baking tray or bowl which can old the marinate while it bakes
3. Shred the meat off the bone into bite size chunks
- Important: retain the marinate for the croutons...
4. Lightly toast bread
5. Slice bread into bite size chunks
6. Soak bread in the baking tray using the marinate from the chicken
7. Fan grill in oven until very crispy
8. Bake the Prosciutto over the bread (so that the Prosciutto oil drips onto the bread) - bake until very crispy
9. Wash the Cous lettuce and Rocket
10. Dry the greens before adding the dressing - I use a vegetable dryer - You don't want runny dressing do you?
11. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and lightly squeeze them so the tomato insides come out a bit
12. Add the chicken and add Paul Newman's Creamy Cesear Salad dressing (no I don't work for Paul Newman) and mix vegi's in a large salad bowl.
13. Serve vegi's with chicken on a plate
14. Add Croutons/Prosciutto
15. Poach 1 egg then serve