This is one of my favourite dishes to make when I'm in need of some comfort food. The sauce is relatively easy to make and has a multitude of uses.
- Brown garlic in a pan
- Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until liquid has been released and absorbed again
- Remove mushrooms and set aside
- Heat butter in pan
- Add flour and cook for a few minutes stirring continuously, making sure the mixture does not burn
- Add 1 cup of milk heating mixture slowly until thickened, stirring continuously
- Add cheese and mushrooms
- Once cheese has melted add remainder of milk until sauce reaches desired consistency
- Stir through chopped chives
Serve over pasta and top with fresh chopped tomatoes.