- One 5- to 6-pound (2.2-2.7 kg) boneless Boston butt pork roast
- 1/4 cup favourite rub mix (I used Penzeys Taco Seasoning)
- 1/2 cup bottled smoke
- Favourite BBQ sauce (Bull's Eye is my fave)
- Cut pork butt into largish chunks.
- Coat the meat in your favourite rub and place in slow cooker.
- Pour in liquid smoke.
- Cover and cook 5-6 hours on high, or 10-12 hours on low.
- Transfer meat onto cookie tray or cutting board, let cool, and shred (I use two forks, one in each hand, and pull the meat apart that way).
- Serve on fave buns or bread with BBQ sauce.
Makes 12-14 servingsTechnique borrowed from Cheater BBQ: Barbecue Anytime, Anywhere, In Any Weather by Mindy Merrell and R. B. Quinn, tested this week at home here, and certified FANTASTIC!