½ C minced onions
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1tsp. chopped garlic
1ea. tomato, chopped
1oz lemon juice
1C cooked long grain rice
1/4 C chopped dill
1 pkg. 3.5 oz. Chavrie® goat log
1 (16-ounce) jar grape leaves
• Heat the oil in a skillet, add the onions and cook over medium heat until the onions are soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
• Add the garlic and tomato, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes.
• Stir in the rice.
• Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the dill.
• Set aside to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
• Meanwhle drain the grape leaves and carefully pull them apart. Put them into a bowl of cold water. Let them soak until you are ready to roll.
• Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
• Place a grape leaves on your work surface, shiny side down. Add 1 tablespoon of the rice mixture to the middle of the grape leaf. Along with a thin slice of Chavrie®
• Fold the sides over the rice and roll the leaf into a small log shape, about the size of a cigar
• Repeat with the remaining rice mixture
• Place the rolled grape leaves into a casserole dish.
• When all the mixture or cheese is used cover rolled leaves with several layers of flat grape leaves and pour in 1 cup of chicken stock
• Cover and bake for 45 minutes
• Let cool to room temperature and refrigerate.
• Serve well chilled