- FOR THE CHICKEN
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. sugar
- Chicken breast or thigh, deboned (skinless if you prefer)
- Olive oil
- FOR THE SALAD
- 1/2 cup cherry tomato, washed and split
- 1/4 cup of yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup of orange pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup of red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. ginger, peeled and fine julienne
- mint leaves
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp. sugar
This colourful dish isn't just nice to look at, it's totally easy! I used grape tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes in the picture. I don't think there's a difference except that the grape tomatoes are smaller and cute. Next time I'd use more ginger, but you can vary the amount of each vegetable. I used mint leaves, but cilantro would also be nice (I didn't have any so I grabbed some mint leaves from the yard).
- For the chicken
1. Mix spices together and season chicken.
2. Then brush with olive oil.
3. Cook the chicken (skin down) on a hot grill until nicely charred.
4. Turn chicken over and grill until cooked.
- For the salad
5. Put vegetables into a bowl and sprinkle with salt.
6. In separate bowl, combine fresh lime juice and sugar to mix.
7. To serve, place chicken on dish first.
8. Add sweet lime dressing in the salad and arrange on top.