- 2 cups wholewheat pasta
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 1/2 Massel chicken-style stock cube (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- spinach leaves
- 6 vegie sausages
- Soak raw cashews in water for 30 min.
- Fry or grill vegie sausages till cooked. Chop into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Boil pasta in plenty of water.
- In the meantime, drain cashews.
- Process cashews, pumpkin, tahini sauce, garlic, stock cube and a little water in a food processor till creamy. Add more water if required.
- Season to taste
- In a shallow pan, gently fry the pumpkin-cashew mix till warm through.
- Drain pasta and stir it into the pumpkin-cashew mix.
- Serve on a layer of spinach leaves and top with chopped vegie sausages.