1. put the pork in a pan and heat it to close the meat's pores (just 1-2 minutes until the meat gets a little white)
2. salt and pepper the belly
3. put the smashed garlic on the pork and add the caraways (best is just putting the garlic/caraways/oil together in a bowl and use a brush to put it on the pork)
4. put into oven at about 200°C (392°F) for about an hour (or more - depending on the size of the pork)
5. Add a cup of water to the pork
6. IMPORTANT: during the roasting in the oven every 10-15 minutes use a tumbler to put the water again over the pork so it doesn't dry out. Add additional water if necessary.