1. In a small sauce pan, heat butter until it melts , then toss in pine nuts. Add brown sugar, cumin, cayenne and salt and stir to combine.
2. Once brown sugar has melted and nuts are fully coated, slide onto a wax paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer to cool.
3. Once nuts have cooled, dump them into a food processor and chop until they form small crumbles. Pour onto a small plate.
4. Slice brie into four pieces* and press two sides of the cheese into the nuts, coating both sides completely.
5. Heat a swirl of olive oil in a pan. When hot, add the cheese, cooking both sides just until almost browned. (Brie melts quickly, so don’t leave it in the pan long. A few seconds on each side should do.)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, minced