- 1 gilt-head (sea) bream about 350 grams
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cm of ginger root, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy bean paste
- 1 hot chili pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk of green onion, chopped
- dash of white pepper
- basil and mint leaves to serve
- Mix water with garlic, ginger, sugar, fish sauce,
soy bean paste, hot chili pepper together in a skillet.
- Add fish and simmer till fish tender and water reduced (about 10 - 15 minutes), while cooking turn
- When fish cooked, add green onion and white pepper.
- Serve garnished with basil and mint leaves.