- 500g fresh squid (sotong), cut into rings
- 500ml oil for deep frying
- 300g corn flour
- 1/2 tsp salt (marinade)
- 1 tsp sugar (marinade)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (marinade)
- 1 egg white (marinade)
- 1 tbsp curry powder (marinade)
- dash of five spice powder (marinade)
- 1 tbsp plain flour (marinade)
Crispy, tender, mouthwatering calamari .... need I say more? I made this while D2 and his brothers were watching vcd "House on Haunted Hill". Perfect snack.
1. Marinade squid for at least 30 minutes. I left them in the fridge for the 1 whole night.
2. Coat with corn flour and deep fry the rings (in batches) about 1 minute, or until they are golden (the secret to crispy calamari is hot, hot oil, just below the smoking point).
3. Serve immediately with lemon wedges, garlic mayo or any sauce you want.