Through some trial and errors I finally concocted a cookie that tastes cakey version of the Red Velvet Cake. Though the looks is a little altered since there isn't cream cheese frosting so white chocolate should do the trick. Red Velvet cake is a Southern favorite, it tastes just like the chocolate cake but way prettier and very pleasing to the ladies! The reason why I called my cookie "Cakey" as cake is my favorite and I just absolutely love moist, soft, chewy cookies = cakey. They are the best when it's 10 minutes out of the oven cooled and it tastes like warm souffle with melted white chocolate as the imaginery frosting.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cream of tar tar and cocoa powder all together
- Then add the salt to the dry mixture...for some reason salts don't sift well, so I gave up on sifting them together
- Using the Mixer, cream together the eggs, Red coloring, brown sugar, white sugar, butter and vanilla extract
- Then add the dry ingredients carefully into the mixer until it's incorporated
- Pour in the White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut (optional) distribute evenly by hand mixing.....USE GLOVES NOW, WHENEVER YOU TOUCH THE MIXTURE!!!!
- Take the batter out and put in saran wrap roll it into a log (easily cut later), or put in a bowl easily scooped...whatever you choose.
- let it rest in the refridgerator for 1 hour
- line the parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes also depending on your size, for myself I use 3/4 Tbls about an 1 inch all over.
- If you like add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top or underneath when it's just out of the oven!!
- cool and transfer to tupper ware...to keep them moist put a slice of apple or bread.
- Also the raw batter freezes very well in a tight tupper ware for fresh baked cookies, without the fuss all over again........bon appetite!