I love braised pork belly! This is a slightly sweeter Japanese version.
1. Fry pork in a saucepan in a little oil.
2. When browned, cover with water and put in the ginger.
3. Turn heat down to medium and simmer for at least an hour.
4. Turn on the TV and watch your favorite TV show.
5. Turn off the heat when your significant other yells "Are you done cooking?"
6. Remove the pork from the water, and rinse.
7. Stick the pot in the refrigerator or a sink full of cold water so that you can pick the grease off... eww...
8. Return pork to the water and add sugar, mirin and sake.
9. Simmer under low heat for about 30 minutes.
10. Add the soy sauce and simmer for another 30 minutes
11. Add the boiled eggs (you did boil them right?) and simmer for 30 minutes. Remember to turn the eggs once in a while.
12. ta-dah! Done!