This recipe should make about 1 large serving of milk tea. I opted for soy milk for a healthier and non-lactose recipe. Make sure to use a small pot and a blender or cocktail shaker for this recipe! This recipe is made without tapioca pearls. TEA
- Boil some water
- Add tea leaves or bag
- The stronger the tea, the better!
- Make about 1 1/2 cup of tea, make more if desired
- In a small pot, add 1/2 cup of granulated and 1/2 cup of brown sugar with 1 cup of water
- Over medium high heat, let the sugary water simmer
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and the syrup becomes a caramel color
- Don't let the syrup boil, it might burn the sugar!
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes and turn off heat, let cool
- In a blender or cocktail shaker, add 1 1/2 cup of tea, 1/2 cup of soy milk, and about 3 tablespoons of the syrup (alter sweetness as desired)
- Shake until well stirred
- Add ice is you desire iced milk tea
- Put shaken milk tea in a glass and enjoy! Careful if it's hot!