If your pan isn't big enough for all fillets, fry in 2 batches
- Dust brill fillets lightly with flour and season well
- Add a little olive oil to a saucepan and heat to low-medium
- Add shallots, garlic and thyme to the saucepan and fry gently until soft.
- When soft, turn the heat up to full and add the wine, lemon juice and parsley. In the meantime, heat olive oil in a large frying pan to a medium high heat. Add the clams to the saucepan and cover.
- Add fillets skin side down and press down lightly with your hands for a few seconds to keep the fish flat and prevent curling. After 2 minutes, turn the fish and reduce heat. Turn the heat off on the clams
- Cook for a further minute and remove from the heat to rest.
- Cook spinach until just wilted in the pan used for the fish.
- Serve with the spinach on the bottom, spoon over the clams and sauce and top with the fish. Enjoy!