My grandfather has always been making Bolognese sauce for our family. Last time he made it I asked him for his recipe and added a little of my own improvements.
1. Chop the onions into small pieces (if you used a food processor as I do don't let it puree)
2. Grate the carrots
3. Fry the onions and cut up garlic until they start to get yellow and soft.
4. Add the carrots and meat mixing often until they are cooked.
5. Add the tomatoes, basil, rosemary, and bay leaves. Mix.
6. Let it cook on low heat for 20 min. with lid on.
7. Add 2 cup wine. Stir. Cook for 2 hours with no lid.
8. If sauce gets too thick add more water or wine and stir.
10. Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
11. Prepare pasta and serve with parmesean.