- Dredge each filet in the melted butter and coat, to taste, with the blackened seasoning.
- Oil a medium-sized, heavy skillet and place over medium heat. Brown each side for approximately 7 minutes.
- In a medium-sized, heavy pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Saute the onion, bell pepper, celery, and bay leaves until tender.
- Add the flour and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomato paste, mix well. Add the salt, black pepper, cayenne, water, and crawfish tails. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Add the green onions.
To serve, ladle the etouffee over the catfish filets. Enjoy.