- 24 oz salmon fillet
- 2 cups short grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 lime
- 1 TBS whole cloves
- 1 TBS black sesame seeds
- 2 tsp roasted garlic (minced)
- 12 bamboo skewers
InstructionsFor Citrus-Clove Rice:
For Black Honey:
- Slice citrus zest off in large pieces.
- Mix zest with cloves and form a satchel using the cheesecloth.
- Rinse rice until water runs clear.
- Combine equal parts rice and water along with zest-clove satchel in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover pot and decrease heat to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes then remove from heat. Discard satchel.
- Slowly add 1 tsp of minced garlic and juice from citrus to rice and fan while mixing, as you would sushi rice
For Salmon Skewers:
- Combine honey and balsamic vinegar in a saucepan.
- Reduce over low heat until mixture is once again the consistency of honey.
- Cool and serve.
- Soak bamboo skewers for 30 minutes.
- Cut salmon fillet into 1 inch cubes.
- Pour olive oil, black sesame seeds, 1 tsp minced garlic and 1/4 cup black honey over salmon cubes.
- Thread salmon cubes onto skewers.
- Cook salmon on grill or under a broiler until firm.
- Remove from heat and serve.