When I think of Korean food, I think of bibimbap. A delicious Korean comfort food. Mixed of vegetables, meat, eggs and rice it's truly a delight.
I tried making it my way at home-- and it tastes just like the stuff at my local Korean restaurant. Ingredient amount in this recipe is to personal preference on how much vegetables they like in their bibimbap.Method:
- Prepare the short grain rice first in a pot or rice cooker.
- Prepare the vegetables. Cut the shiitake mushroom into strips, zucchini into strips and julienne the carrots.
- Once preparing the vegetables, put the soy bean sprouts into container, wash it then put it in a boiling pot of water and add salt. Leave it there for about 15 minutes or so. Strain the bean sprouts and season with sesame oil and minced garlic. Put the bean sprouts onto big bowl.
- Rinse the spinach, put into boiling water for a few minutes then strain. Squeeze the water out and season with a bit of soy sauce, minced garlic and sesame oil. Put the spinach onto big bowl.
- In a pan, put vegetable oil and sauté the shiitake mushrooms in a bit of sugar, salt and pepper. Put a little bit of soy sauce and sauté some more. Put the mushrooms on the big bowl afterwards.
- In the pan, put vegetable oil and sauté the zucchini in some salt and sugar. When translucent, put the zucchini into big bowl.
- Sauté the carrots in some sugar and salt (or add none at all) and put the carrots into big bowl.
- With the ground beef, put into pan with vegetable oil and fry a bit. Then add a bit of pepper, sugar and A PINCH of salt. Add a little bit (about a teaspoon) of soy sauce. Add a bit of sesame oil and cook until brown. Add the beef into the bowl.
- To your preference, cook the egg scrambled or sunny side up. If scrambled, cut up into pieces and add on top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds for garnish and serve with rice and then add some korean chili pepper paste (or bibimbap paste) and a bit of sesame oil. ENJOY!
Remade it with a traditional Korean pot, (can't figure how the rice crackles though lol.), Sunny side up egg, and added the rice in the pot... alternatively you can try putting the stuff on top of the rice instead of putting it all in a big bowl.