- Soak (do not cook) the bulghur while you prepare the other ingredients. When
al dente squeeze out the excess water in a tea towel.
- Wash the parsley to eliminate any dirt, and then spin dry in a salad spinner.
- pull off the parsley ends separately without including any stems. Chop finely
with sharp knife, NOT IN A FOOD PROCESSOR.
- Wash and chop the mint and the cilantro.
- Deseed the English cucumbers and dice. Don't peel them.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a separate bowl and then add the bulghur.
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Cut the cherub tomatoes only as needed for each serving, when serving.
This keeps the salad fresh and fragrant for days. Enjoy!
This is a crisp fragrant salad which will stay
fresh for days, if it lasts that long. Don't put green onions in it,
because it overpowers all of the other fragrances. By the way, you
can buy a 2 pound box of Cherub tomatoes at Sam's Club for the same
cost as 18 oz at the supermarket. I love them because they are sweet
and delicious all by themselves.