- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté beef until brown on both sides.
- Remove meat and drain well on absorbent paper.
- Place onions in saucepan and sauté till golden brown.
- Remove and drain well on absorbent paper.
- Arrange beef in a heavy based saucepan with cooked onions.
- Add wine, vinegar, spices, salt and beef stock.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 60 minutes or until the meat is tender.
Chef’s tip: For a rich and satisfying meal, server with steamed buttered rice.