250g Sliced beef (for sukiyaki / shabu-shabu), Beef stock, Olive oil, 1 medium yellow onion (sliced), 4 cloves garlic (chopped), 1 can / packet Button mushrooms, 1 medium packet of rice vermicelli noodles, Kikkoman soy sauce, Rice wine / White cooking wine
1. Soak the vermicelli noodles for at least 30 minutes to soften.
2. Sautee garlic and onions in some olive oil. When the onions have caramelized, add in mushrooms, followed by sliced beef.
3. When the beef slices are cooked midway, add some Kikkoman soy sauce to the pan, and a dash of cooking wine.
4. While the beef is cooking, fill up another pot with beef stock and let simmer.
5. Before the beef slices are fully cooked, transfer contents of the pan (beef, mushrooms, onions, etc.) to the pot with beef stock and mix well. Bring to a boil before adding in vermicelli noodles.
6. Allow all the ingredients to cook for a few more minutes. The noodles will soak up the scrumptious beef flavour.