To start you need to prepare the crust.
- Finely chop the 3 herbs, set a little aside for later.
- Put the rest in a mixing bowl with the salt, flour and the egg. Start mixing it up.
- Gradually add water whilst mixing. Continue to do this until you havea nice dough consistencythat isnt too sticky.
- Cover with cling film and let it relax for 10 mins of so whilt you prepare anything ele you have to go with your dish.
- When you are ready, sprinkle flour onto your prep surface.
- Roll the dough mixture out into a large circle approx 4mm thick.
- Start preheating the oven to 200c.
Now its time to prep the meat.
- Season the beef with pepper, then seal in a hot pan/griddle on all sides.
- Take off the heat.
- Rub remaining herbs into the skin of the beef.
- Place the beef on to the middle of your rolled dough.
- Now cut away from the corners of the beef at right angles so that you are left with 4 "flaps".
- One by one wrap these over the beef and seal them at the corners.
- You should now be left with a nice little sealed parcel of beef.
- Place it in the center of a preheated oven for just over 15 mins. This will cook the meat until it is nearly rare.
- When the time is up, take the beef out of the oven and let it rest for another 15 mins. DO NOT take it out of the crust, it must remain in there whilst you continue cooking other stuff.
- About 2 or 3 mins befire you want to plate up, break open the crust containing the beef.
- Enjoy the smell.
- Keep enjoying the smell for a few seconds.
- Transfer the beef to your chopping board and let it rest for another minute just to let excess juices escape.
- Cut beef in half.
Note: DO NOT eat the crust. Serious illness will follow!