I have been snowed in the past couple of days and for some reason been craving Macaroni and cheese. So I scoured the fridge and put this together to satisfy my craving throwing in some chicken as I had some left over mesquite baked chicken. I did not have milk but I did find 3/4 pint of cream in the fridge. I substituted this for the milk.
- Boil the pasta till al dente, I used whole box. Strain and set aside.
- Crank oven up to 375' F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Flour and sprinkle of salt to butter and whisk till no lumps.
- Turn up heat and add black pepper, parsley, salt, tablespoon of paprika, 2 tablespoons of chili pepper flakes (amount of pepper flakes depends on your taste). Mix well
- Add 3 cups of cold milk or 3/4 pint of cream with 2 cups of water. Add bay leaves. Bring to medium boil for 10 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of grated pepper jack cheese.
- Once the cheese has melted add the chicken, then the strained al dente spiral pasta.
- Mix well then pour whole mix into deep baking pan.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top and pop in the oven for 30-45 mins or until browned on top.