- 500g potatoes, chopped + 400g cut into chunky chips
- 250g cooked cod fillet, flaked
- 250g tin of salmon, flaked
- 50g fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250g plain flour
- 125g breadcrumbs
- A little olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the mushy peas:
- 150g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- Lightly boil all of the potatoes until just cooked. Drain and transfer the chipped ones to a tray ready to bake. Season with some olive oil and salt and pepper if desired.
- Mash the remaining potatoes, then mix in the flaked fish, spinach, spring onions, lemon juice and zest and herbs.
- Shape into either 2 large or 4 smaller fishcakes.
- Put the flour and breadcrumbs onto two small plates, and the beaten egg in a bowl.
- Roll each fishcake into the flour, then dip into the beaten egg and roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to the tray with your chips. Brush some more oil over the cakes.
- Bake at 190 degrees C for 30-40 minutes until the cakes are lightly golden and the chips are crisp.
- Meanwhile, lightly boil the peas and drain. Add the yogurt and mint, mash well and serve with the fishcakes and chips!