Due to me being lazy and ill, I hadn't left the house for a few days. This is one of those ridiculously amazing dishes you can just make from the freezer/cupboard, which tastes so good! I really fancied Chilli Con Carne for dinner but didn't have any kidney beans...hence the baked beans. Tasted strange at first but after simmering...it was delicious.
- While browning the mince in the olive oil, prepare the onions and garlic.
- When the mince is brown, add the onions and garlic and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and baked beans and stir thoroughly.
- Crumble in the stock cube and add the tomato puree.
- Simmer for 5 minutes - you may find throughout the whole process you need to keep adding a tablespoon of water or two, which is fine.
- Turn the heat back up and add everything else, the bovril, chilli flakes, white pepper, paprika, chilli powder, coriander leaf and if you're like me...lots and lots of black pepper.
- Stir thoroughly again, (again, you may need to add some water at this point), turn the heat down and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Keep checking on it, and tasting. You may want to add more chilli or white pepper, and water.
- When it's done, give it a good stir and serve with white rice!
Really hope you enjoy this, it's so easy! Sorry about the bad photo, I started gobbling it so fast before I realised I should post it on here, so I just quickly grabbed my iPhone!