For a 10" cake tin:
- 125ml Bailey's
- 300g mascarpone cheese
- 250g sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 5 eggs
- 6 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Separate the yolks from the whites into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the whites in a jug until stiff.
- Tip the mascarpone, sugar and oil into the mixing bowl with the yolks. Mix well.
- Pour in the Bailey's and mix.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Carefully fold in the egg whites, trying to keep the volume as much as possible.
- Transfer to a cake tin and bake at 180 degrees C for about 30-40 minutes.