- 1 striploin
- 2 pieces streaky bacon
- 2 on-vine tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- chopped rosemary
- 300g beansprouts with the ends picked off
- salt, pepper and special light soy sauce.
I made this for my mum when she was having one of her 'i need lots of meat' cravings. the beansprouts actually complemented the beef really well.
1. season the beef with salt and pepper, then refrigerate for an hour.
2. stretch the bacon strips to lengthen them then wrap around the striploin, tucking the ends back under the bacon to secure it.
3. sear the wrapped striploin over high heat to raise the temperature of the outside while keeping the inside cold. top toasted foccacia with this mixture just before serving
4. finish off in an oven preheated to 190°C for 12 min. this results in a rather well done steak but gives it a nice crispy outside.
5. mix the garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic, salt, pepper and rosemary together and let it steep for 10 min.
6. stir-fry beansprouts with special light soy sauce.