4 unsmoked bacon rashers, chopped
1 small broccoli, chopped
Small handful of button mushrooms, chopped
Half a small red onion, chopped
300g can of condensed chicken soup OR 400g cream of chicken soup
150g uncooked rice
1) Rinse the rice in a saucepan and fill with water to cover the rice to about 1cm above it. Bring to the boil, then cover and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
2) Fry the bacon over a low heat in a separate saucepan, followed by the broccoli and onions.
3) Tip in the soup, gradually adding in up to 300ml of water if using condensed soup.
4) Leave to cook gently for about 15 minutes, mixing in some cornflour to thicken up if necessary.
5) Spoon the rice into bowls, leaving a well in the centre to add in the soup mixture.