1. Cook asparagus in 1/2-inch lightly salted boiling water in large skillet for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and cool the asparagus in an ice-water bath. When cooled, drain and place on serving dish. Cover and refrigerate.
3. Bring chicken broth to boiling in a small saucepan. Turn off the heat; add the saffron and tarragon.
4. Cover and let stand for 4 minutes.
5. Pour into a medium-size bowl to cool. Add orange zest, orange juice, salt and mayonnaise.
6. Whisk together and refrigerate the sauce, covered, for 2 hours. The sauce can be made a day ahead.
7. To serve, pour the sauce over the asparagus.
Makes 8 servings, Difficulty: Easy