A very simple and quick recipe. Good for lunchboxes, weekday dinners and picnics.
1. Trim woody ends from asparagus stalks and toss in olive oil, salt and black pepper.
2. Heat griddle pan until hot and cook asparagus on it until seared and cooked through.
3. In a separate pan, heat some water until boiling. Add some salt and cook pasta according to instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse under running water.
4. Cut heads off asparagus and slice the remaining into thin rounds.
5. Toss asparagus and pasta together with a good drizzle of mint oil, salt and pepper. Top with shavings of parmesan cheese.