- 1 cup + 2 tbsp AP Flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter (cut into coarse pieces)
- 2 cups granola (w/o fruit)
- 5 Granny Smith apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Maple syrup makes this crumble great.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. For topping: combine 1 cup of flour with brown sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, and granola.
3. For apples: toss apples with granulated sugar, remaining flour, lemon juice, maple syrup, and nutmeg.
4. Spread apples in a shallow baking dish, sprinkle with topping and bake for 1 hr (or until topping is golden and filling is bubbling).